Business Intelligence Courses & Degrees
Business Intelligence (BI) - the process of using technology to extract actionable intelligence from business data - is one of the most sought-after skill sets in the modern workforce. In order to improve products and services, reduce costs or otherwise spark a competitive advantage, organizations are gathering staggering amounts of data, driving unprecedented demand for professionals with business intelligence degrees and experience who can analyze and interpret this wealth of information.
The following campus-based and online degree programs in business intelligence feature coursework in marketable BI domains, such as big data analytics, data visualization & creative reporting, business intelligence programming and more.
The BI courses and degrees listed below exemplify the necessary skills to succeed in this growing field.
Featured BI Programs
Disciplines like BI which rely heavily on software and quantifiable (hard) skills work well in self-paced and distance learning formats. Here are some well-designed business intelligence degree programs that are offered online.
B.S. Data Analytics
Capella's bachelor's degree in data analytics will prepare you for a variety of job roles such as data analyst, database manager and business intelligence developer. Core curriculum in this online program includes valuable IT domains like cyber security, programming, networking and project management, and how to apply these skills to achieve data-driven business goals. This degree features courses from SAS Institute (developers of the industry-leading Statistical Analysis System software suite) which prepare students for the SAS Certified Base Programmer certification exam.
- Includes Certification Preparation for:
- SAS Certified Base Programmer
- CompTIA A+ and Network+
- Data Governance and Information Security
- Integrate & Analyze Data from Multiple Sources
- Data Extraction, Transformation & Loading (ETL)
- Data Interpretation & Statistical Analysis in SAS
- Big Data Delivery Strategies and Creative Reporting
- Data Distribution in Cloud and Virtual Environments
Learning Method:Online Degree
Financial Aid:Federal, State, Military and Scholarship
Related degrees at Capella University:
- BS - Data Management
- BS - Business Intelligence
- BS - Information Assurance & Cybersecurity
- MS - Data Analytics
- Compare all programs at Capella University
BS Computer Science - Data Analysis
SNHU's online bachelor's degree in computer science with the data analysis concentration covers the necessary skills and platforms to manage the vast data stores of the modern enterprise. Graduates from this program will be prepared for job roles such as database administrator, business intelligence analyst, and big data specialist.
- Create and Manage Structured Database Environments
- Use Data Analysis to Meet Organizational Goals
- Advanced Statistics for Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM)
- Wield Emerging Tech in Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) to Analyze Big Data for Actionable Intelligence
Learning Method:Online Degree
Financial Aid Available:Federal, State, Military & Scholarships
Related degree programs at SNHU:
- AS in Information Technologies
- BS in Cyber Security - Data Analytics
- MS Data Analysis
- MBA Business Intelligence
- Compare all programs at SNHU
BI Certificates, Courses & Degrees
BI Analyst/Data Scientist Resources
- Explore the data scientist career path
- Browse & apply to BI/data analyst job openings
- Compare salaries of data scientists and BI analysts
- Research BI / data scientist education requirements
- Blog: Jobs you can get with a CS degree (#1 Data Scientist)