CompTIA Project+ certification identifies entry-level project managers.
Project+ certification holders possess the foundational project management skills, business acumen and communication ability to successfully deliver small to mid-size projects. Advanced PMs who wish to manage larger, more complex IT and business projects can progress into an advanced certification such as the PMP.
The CompTIA Project+ certification exam covers the entire project management life cycle including initiation, planning, execution, control and closure. Project+ certified professionals can pursue employment in any industry with titles such as project manager, business analyst & project team member.
These top-rated online courses and degrees in IT project management are currently enrolling students.
Southern New Hampshire University
- Prepare for CAPM Certification from PMI
- Resource Estimating and Scheduling
- Hands-On Training in Microsoft Project
- Project Risk, Integration and Quality
There are numerous project management courses and degrees featuring Project+ certification exam prep and similar skill sets. Compare the top-rated Project+ certification training & degree programs in the U.S. and online below.
Skills Measured by Project+ Certification
These are some of the key skills measured by the CompTIA Project+ certification exam. Project+ certified professionals can:
- Plan and execute business/IT projects within time and budget constraints.
- Outline and explain the process groups of the project life cycle.
- Explain the different types of organizational structures.
- Write project scope documents based on approved project charters.
- Plan a complex project and develop a project schedule.
- Use a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to organize project planning.
- Plan and execute risk, communication, quality and cost management plans.
- Coordinate human resources and project teams to maximize performance.
- Implement the proper change management procedures based on a given scenario.
- Explain the appropriate steps to ensure the quality of project deliverables.
- Calculate and interpret Earned Value Measurement (EVM) results.
- Recognize the special communication needs of remote and indirect team members.
Download the CompTIA Project+ Exam Objectives for a complete curriculum.
CompTIA Project+ Certification Exam
- Project+ Certification (exam number PK0-004)
CompTIA Project+ Certification Exam Objectives | PK0-004
Project+ Exam Type: Multiple choice questions (single- and multi-answer), Drag & Drop
Test Duration: 90 minutes
Exam Length: Maximum of 95 questions
Exam Cost: $329 USD
Passing Score: 710/900
Breakdown of CompTIA Project+ Certification Exam Questions by PM Domain:
|Project Management Knowledge Area||% of Project+ Exam Questions|
|Communication & Change Management||26%|
|Project Tools and Documentation||21%|
CompTIA Project+ Certification Prerequisites
- Required: There are no required prerequisites to sit for Project+ certification exam.
- Recommended: One year of managing or participating in small to medium scope projects, or equivalent training
Project+ Certification Training & Degree Programs
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science: Project Management for STEM
- Gain the skills & credentials to pursue a career as an IT project manager
- Advanced project management using Agile methodologies
- Information technology service and process management
- Courses in IT essentials inc. cybersecurity and programming
- Soft skills inc. leadership, problem-solving & business communication
Master's in Technology Management
- Prepare to Lead IT Personnel and Wield Emerging Technologies to Achieve Business Goals
- Choose from courses like:
- Managing Diverse Organizations in a Flat World
- Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Cyber Security Threats & Vulnerabilities
- Cloud Computing and Virtualization
- Computer Systems Analysis
- Cryptography & Network Security
- Bachelor's degree required. No GRE or GMAT Required.
Master of Science in IT - Project Management
- This program is accredited by the Project Management Institute (PMI) Global Accreditation Center for Project Management (GAC).
- Manage projects from planning and execution to close and measurement
- Project budgeting, procurement and quality management
- IT project risk assessment and mitigation strategies
- Leadership, management and politics in the PM role
- Learn sought-after Agile project management skills
Project+ Certification Jobs
Project+ certification may qualify you for a variety of positions including:
- IT Project Manager: Browse IT Project Manager Jobs
- Project Manager: Browse Project Management Jobs
- Technology Manager: Browse IT Management Jobs
- PMP Certified Project Manager: Browse PMP Jobs
Project+ Certification Salary
Average salaries for CompTIA Project+ certified professionals and other project management certification holders:
- PMI CAPM: Certified Associate of Project Management: $65,000
- CompTIA Project+ salary: $67,000
- PRINCE2 Certified Project Manager: $96,000
- PMI-SP: Scheduling Professional: $99,000
- CSM: Certified ScrumMaster: $103,000
- PMI PMP: Project Management Professional: $104,000
- PMI-ACP: Agile Certified Practitioner: $108,000
- PMI-RMP: Risk Management Professional: $119,000
- PMI PgMP: Program Management Professional: $121,000
Average salary by project management certification.