Information Technology (IT) is a rapidly growing field, and the knowledge possessed by IT professionals cuts a wide swath. With so much information out there and technologies changing every day, getting certified is the best way to differentiate yourself from competing job candidates and prove your contemporary skills to employers.
While certifications don’t guarantee you a job, they often put a candidate’s resume over the top or gain you a decent pay premium over non-certified competitors. To get certified, you must pass one or more certification exams - typically a combination of multiple choice questions and simulated real-world challenges.
Benefits of IT Certification for Individuals:
- IT certifications make you stand apart from competing candidates in a competitive job market.
- Earning the latest IT certifications proves your skills are current in a rapidly changing field.
- 28% of technology professionals report earning a pay increase upon getting certified.
- Certified IT professionals earn respect and credibility among colleagues and employers.
- Independent consultants and analysts can leverage certifications to win new business.
- 40% of certified pros credit IT certifications for helping them land a new job or promotion.
- Committing the time and resources to get certified proves your dedication to your IT career.
- Certified professionals gain access to a global community of like-mined professionals.
- IT certification increases your career options; some companies and employment sectors (such as the government cyber security sector) only hire certified pros.
Benefits of IT Certification for Businesses:
- 95% of IT managers believe certifications provide value to the organization.
- Companies can use IT certifications to invest in, retain, and promote their most promising employees.
- IT certifications allow businesses to quickly assess skill levels, saving time & resources during candidate evaluation.
- Companies employing certified IT professionals experience lower turnover and increased productivity.
- 66% of managers believe certifications improve the overall level of service and support offered to IT customers.
- Certified technicians perform assigned tasks more consistently, increasing IT reliability and organizational execution.
In-Demand IT Certifications (by vendor):
- Adobe Certifications
- AWS Certifications
- Cisco Certifications
- CompTIA Certifications
- EC-Council Certifications
- Google Certifications
- IBM Professional Certificates
- ISACA Certifications
- (ISC)2 Certifications
- ITIL Certifications
- Microsoft Certifications
- Oracle Certifications
- PMI Certifications
- VMware Certifications