As technology becomes increasingly vital in business operations, the demand for talented IT managers who can effectively control computer systems and personnel is skyrocketing. These executives ensure that IT projects are efficient, sustainable, and inline with key business goals. While it takes certain personality traits to be a great leader, many of the tools, techniques and best practices of successful IT managers are learned in the classroom.
Accredited colleges, universities and private computer schools offer a range of training programs that cover the technical and business skills needed to excel as a technology manager. Compare top-rated IT management courses & degrees in the U.S. and online below.
Featured Technology Management Programs
BS in Computer Science - Project Management for STEM
This online bachelor's program provides students with the IT, computer science and project management skills to pursue a range of lucrative roles such as technology manager, software engineer, systems analyst, and project supervisor.
- Advanced Project Management ft. Agile Methodologies
- Training in Web, Mobile and Backend Software Development
- Information Technology Service & Process Management
- Cyber Security inc. Secure Software Engineering
Related degree programs at SNHU:
- BS Computer Information Systems - Project Management
- BS Information Technology - Project Management
- MS IT - Information Technology Management
- Compare all programs at SNHU
MS IT - Enterprise Networks & Cloud Computing
Students in this online master's program will gain the skills and experience to wield cutting-edge networks and cloud computing technologies to achieve complex business goals.
- Design, Manage, and Secure Enterprise Computer Networks
- Cloud Distribution Systems inc. SaaS, PaaS & IaaS
- Cloud Application Deployment and Operations
- Database, Application and UX Development
- Network Policy, Regulation & Governance
- Information Technology Project Management
- No GRE or GMAT Required for Admission
Related degree programs at Capella University:
- BS - Information Assurance & Security
- MS - Network Management
- MBA - Project management
- Compare all programs at Capella University
IT Management Courses, Degrees & Certificates
Compare accredited undergrad and graduate degrees, vocational certificates and self-paced online courses matching information technology manager skill sets and education requirements.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science: Project Management for STEM
- Gain the skills & credentials to pursue a career as an IT project manager
- Advanced project management using Agile methodologies
- Information technology service and process management
- Courses in IT essentials inc. cybersecurity and programming
- Soft skills inc. leadership, problem-solving & business communication
B.S. in Business Administration - Project Management
- Learn how to plan, prepare, execute, control and close a project
- Business Process Management (BPM) based on the 7FE framework
- Continuous improvement, quality management and sustainability
- Marketable soft skills inc. effective communication, stress management & problem solving
Master's in Technology Management
- Prepare to Lead IT Personnel and Wield Emerging Technologies to Achieve Business Goals
- Choose from courses like:
- Managing Diverse Organizations in a Flat World
- Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Cyber Security Threats & Vulnerabilities
- Cloud Computing and Virtualization
- Computer Systems Analysis
- Cryptography & Network Security
- Bachelor's degree required. No GRE or GMAT Required.
Master of Science in IT - Project Management
- This program is accredited by the Project Management Institute (PMI) Global Accreditation Center for Project Management (GAC).
- Manage projects from planning and execution to close and measurement
- Project budgeting, procurement and quality management
- IT project risk assessment and mitigation strategies
- Leadership, management and politics in the PM role
- Learn sought-after Agile project management skills