Businesses worldwide are launching new systems, websites and applications to gain a competitive advantage in the rapidly evolving IT space, driving unprecedented demand for talented designers and developers. The common goal throughout all of these new software projects is superior user interface (UI) design; a responsive and efficient UI will be vital as businesses endeavor to connect users to the cloud-based digital world.
There are already more user interface jobs than skilled and educated UI designers to fill them - and the talent gap is growing. Accredited higher learning institutions and private computer schools alike have enhanced their training programs with cutting-edge UI design skills to meet this growing demand. Compare UI design courses and degrees online and in your area below.
Top-Rated UI Design Programs
These courses and degree programs exemplify the skills you need to become a professional UI designer.
Bachelor of Science in CS - Software Engineering
Students in this specialized computer science degree will use the latest software development tools, techniques and programming languages to create secure software systems and applications. Graduates of this online bachelor's will be prepared for job roles such as mobile application developer, software engineer and programmer analyst.
- User Interface/Experience (UI/UX) Design for Cloud-Based and Mobile Platforms
- Setup and Manage Emerging Systems Architectures to Achieve Business Goals
- Identify Software Vulnerabilities and Develop Secure Systems and Web Apps
- Use Reverse Engineering to Develop, Improve & Support Current Applications
Related degree programs at SNHU:
- AS in Information Technologies
- BS in CS - Information Security
- BS in IT - Software Development
- MS In IT - Software Application Development
- Compare all programs at SNHU
Bachelor of Science in Software Development
Capella's online bachelor's in software development imparts the skills you need to create cutting-edge websites, application interfaces, and a host of practical tools that harness the power of the Internet. Students who earn this degree will be prepared for sought-after roles such as user interface designer, software developer, web designer, and cloud engineer.
- Wield Structured Query Language (SQL) to Build Powerful Data-Driven Applications
- Create Stunning Multimedia Apps with the Latest Editing Tools
- Develop Secure Cloud-Based Systems and Web Applications
- Manage Web & Software Engineering Projects with Agile
Related degree programs at Capella University:
- BS - Software Development: Mobile
- BS - Data Management
- MS - IT: Analytics
- Compare all programs at Capella University
UI Design Boot Camps
UI design boot camps are accelerated training programs that cover the foundational skills to become a user interface or user experience designer. Because of their quick pace and varied assumptions of baseline knowledge, boot camps are an ideal learning option for those who already have some relevant experience.
UX / UI Boot Camp
Gain the expertise to become a user experience (UX) or user interface (UI) professional in 24 weeks. Learn marketable skills via engaging online content and live, instructor-led virtual classes.
- User-Centric Design Research, Advanced UI Design, Design Thinking, Prototyping and Wireframing
- Career Services inc. Portfolio Review, Resume Support, Interview Prep & Personalized Coaching
Schools offering this program:
UI Design Online Degrees
Compare online degrees that align with the user interface designer career track.
Bachelor of Arts in Game Art & Development
- Gain the Skills to Become a Video Game Designer
- Design Visually-Stunning Characters, Worlds, and Creatures
- Create User Interfaces inc. Game Menus & Heads-Up Displays
- Computer Animation, Image Capture, and 3D Modeling
- Visual Arts foundation inc. Design and Color Theory
Bachelor of Science in Software Development
- Cross-Platform Application Development Training
- User Interface (UI) & User Experience (UX) Design
- Software Testing, Security and Quality Assurance
- Advanced Data Modeling and Database Development
- Manage Software Projects with Agile Best Practices
- Transfer Previous College Credit to Lower Tuition
Associate of Applied Science in IT: Programming & Software Development
- Develop Software for Web and Mobile Devices
- Graphic Design Training ft. Adobe's Creative Suite
- User-Interface and User-Experience Design
- Software Product Development using Agile