VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
VCP Certification demonstrates skills and expertise in datacenter virtualization.
A VMware Certified Professional (VCP) has the knowledge and technical skills to install, configure, administer and support datacenter virtualization in VMware's vSphere environment. VCP certification candidates are typically infrastructure personnel with 6+ months experience working with a vSphere implementation.
VMware is the undisputed market-leader in corporate virtualization solutions, so getting VCP certified is a distinctive step toward a lucrative career in the red-hot datacenter virtualization field. Technical schools offer virtualization courses and specialized degree programs that include VCP certification exam prep and/or align with VMware Certified Professional curriculum. Compare matching VMware training programs in the U.S. and online below.
Skills Measured by VMware Certified Professional Exam
Here are some of the key skills covered in the VCP certification exam. VMware Certified Professionals can...
- install, configure, upgrade & secure vCenter Server and VMware ESXi.
- properly identify vSphere Architecture and Solutions.
- configure vNetwork Standard and Distributed Switches.
- identify and configure VLAN settings, vSS and vDS Policies.
- plan and deploy Shared Storage and the Storage Virtual Appliance (SVA) for vSphere.
- create, deploy and manage Virtual Machines, VM Clones, Templates and vApps.
- migrate VMs, and backup/restore Virtual Machines using VMware Data Recovery.
- perform basic troubleshooting for the vSphere Network, Storage and ESXi Hosts.
- monitor a vSphere implementation and administer vCenter Server Alarms.
Download the VMware VCP Certification Exam Objectives for the complete curriculum.
VMware Certified Professional Exam
- VCP: VMware Certified Professional
|VMware Certified Professional Exam Objectives|
VCP5 Test Format: Computer based, multiple choice
VCP5 Time Limit: 90 minutes
VCP5 Exam Length: 85 questions
VCP5 Exam Cost: $225 USD
VCP5 Passing Score: 300 out of 500
VMware Certified Professional Prerequisites
- Required: VCP5 candidates must attend one of two VMware authorized training courses: VMware vSphere: Fast Track v5.0 or VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage v5.0
- Recommended: 6 months experience working with a VMware vSphere implementation, or equivalent hands-on education
VMware Certified Professional Training & Education
Browse the top-rated campus & online degrees, certification boot camps and self-paced video courses matching the VMware Certified Professional certification and related career tracks.
AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials Course
- Intro to AWS Technologies & Cloud Computing
- Differentiate On-Premises, Hybrid & All-in Cloud
- AWS Monitoring, Analytics, Pricing and Support
- Learn the Security & Efficiency Advantages of AWS
- Amazon Web Services Cloud Migration and Innovation
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science: Software Engineering
- Gain the Skills to Pursue Sought-After Roles in Web and Mobile Application Development
- Full Stack Software Design and Engineering
- Build Systems Architectures to Meet Business Needs
- Design UIs for Embedded, Cloud & Mobile Systems
- Analyze and Design Data Structures & Algorithms
- Cybersecurity Tools & Techniques ft. Secure Coding
Master of Science in Enterprise Networks & Cloud Computing
- Implement Cloud Solutions to Meet Complex Goals
- Design, Manage & Secure Enterprise IT Networks
- Cloud Distribution Systems inc. SaaS, PaaS & IaaS
- Cloud Application Deployment and Operations
- Database, Application and UX Development Training
- Global Network Policy, Regulation & Governance
- Information Technology Project Management
- No GRE or GMAT Exams Required for Admission
Master's in Technology Management
- Prepare for Leadership Roles in Business and Information Technology
- Cloud Computing and Virtual Data Centers
- Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Cyber Security Threats & Countermeasures
- Globalization and the Modern IT Workforce
- Computer Systems Analysis Tools & Techniques
- Wield Emerging Technologies and IT Personnel to Achieve Business Goals
- No GRE or GMAT Required for Admission
VMware Certified Professional Salary
The average salary for VMware certified professionals is $88,000 per year.
Average salaries for VMware Datacenter certified professionals:
- VCP: VMware Certified Professional: $88,000
- VCAP: VMware Certified Advanced Professional: $103,000
- VCDX: VMware Certified Design Expert: $156,000
Average salaries for VMware Desktop certified professionals:
- VCA-DT: VMware Certified Associate: $81,000
- VCP-DT: VMware Certified Professional: $98,000
- VCAP-DT: VMware Certified Advanced Professional: $115,000
Mean Salary by VMware Certification
VMware Job Openings
VMware Certified Professionals qualify for a variety of in-demand job roles. Browse and apply to:
- VMware Administrator jobs:
- Systems Administrator jobs:
- Systems Engineer jobs:
- Virtualization Specialist jobs:
- Network Engineer jobs:
- Cloud Engineer jobs:
Related IT Certifications
- CompTIA Network+ Certificate
- CompTIA Security+ Certificate
- CompTIA Server+ Certificate
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
Related Career Paths
VMware®, VMware® Logos, and VMware® Certifications are either registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.