CompTIA Server+ certification validates professional server administration skills.
Server+ Certification validates the skills to build, maintain, support and troubleshoot server hardware and software. The Server+ exam covers server skills from 6 key IT domains: System Hardware, Software, Storage, IT Environment, Disaster Recovery, and Troubleshooting.
CompTIA Server+ certification is designed for network administrators, systems engineers, help desk technicians, hardware technicians and any IT professional who requires a thorough knowledge of server technology, disaster recovery and troubleshooting.
Although not a prerequisite for the Server+ Certificate, field technicians and instructors alike recommend Server+ candidates earn the CompTIA A+ certification before taking the Server+ exam, as the A+ curriculum introduces many of the concepts you will expand upon in the Server+ certification exam. The Server+ certificate is a requirement in certain advanced certification tracks from Microsoft, Cisco and Novell, and is supported by many of the top organizations hiring IT professionals today.
Skills Measured by Server+ Certification
Key skill areas covered in CompTIA's Server+ exam include the following. Server+ certified technicians:
- can deploy and upgrade system hardware and storage devices.
- can install, configure, and update Network Operating Systems.
- are skilled in disaster recovery procedures, backups, and restorations.
- understand server virtualization concepts, features, and considerations.
- can write, utilize and maintain server documentation, diagrams and procedures.
- comprehend different server types, such as File Server, Web Server & DNS Server.
- can troubleshoot server problems using the appropriate tools and methods.
- can determine and setup the appropriate area to house physical servers.
Download the current Server+ exam objectives for a complete curriculum.
CompTIA Server+ Certification Exams
- Server+ Certification Exam (Exam # SK0-005) - View Exam Objectives
Server+ Exam Format: Multiple choice and performance-based questions
Server+ Time Limit: 90 minutes
Exam Length: 90 questions
Server+ Cost: $358
Passing Score: 750 out of 900
CompTIA Server+ Certification Prerequisites
- Required: No required prerequisites for Server+ certification
- Recommended: CompTIA A+ Certification plus 18 - 24 months of IT experience or equivalent knowledge
Server+ Training & Degrees
Browse the top-rated undergrad & graduate degree programs, professional certificates, and self-paced online training courses matching the CompTIA Server+ Certification and related career tracks.
- A+, Network+ & Security+ Cert Prep
- Network Design and Administration
- IT Network and Application Security
- Incident Response and Investigation
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Prep
- Learn Cisco, Microsoft & Linux Platforms
- Microsoft Azure and AWS Cloud Skills
- Info Assurance and Network Security
CompTIA Server+ Certification Jobs
Browse and apply to Server+ Certification Jobs, and job openings related to Server+ certification:
- Server Administrator: Browse Server Admin Jobs
- Systems Administrator: Browse Systems Admin Jobs
- Network Manager: Browse Network Management Jobs
- Technical Support Specialist: Browse Tech Support Jobs
- PC Maintenance and Repair: Browse Computer Repair Jobs
Server+ Certification Salary
Average salary for Server+ certified profs and other CompTIA certification holders:
- CompTIA A+: $59,000
- CompTIA Server+: $63,000
- CompTIA Network+: $63,000
- CompTIA Project+: $67,000
- CompTIA Linux+: $70,000
- CompTIA Security+: $72,000
- CompTIA CTT+: $74,000
- CompTIA Cloud+: $74,000
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP): $84,000
Server+ Certification Cost
CompTIA’s Server+ certification exam costs $358.
If you need training to prepare for the Server+ certification exam, that will add to your cost. The cost for Server+ training can range from inexpensive IT certification bootcamps and study guides to pricier online degree programs that include Server+ training as part of a comprehensive IT curriculum.
Server+ Related Certifications
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- VMware Virtual Certified Professional (VCP)
- Cisco CCNA Certification
- Microsoft MCTS Certifications