Cisco CCENT Certification validates skill as an entry-level Network Technician.
Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) certification covers the basics of computer networking. CCENT certified technicians understand the essential networking topics, such as network security & threat mitigation, IP addressing, and routed & switched networks. CCENTs can install, operate, configure & troubleshoot networks for a small branch office.
Passing the CCENT certification exam (Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 or "ICND1") is a tangible first step toward earning your CCNA certificate, the next stage in Cisco's popular Routing & Switching certification track. The CCNA is comprised of the CCENT (ICND1) plus ICND2. Many network professionals pursue ICND1 & ICND2 simultaneously to maximize learning time and resources, as the CCNA is a more valuable and comprehensive credential.
These top-rated online courses and degrees featuring Cisco technologies are currently enrolling students.
- Design and Manage Cisco Networks
- Wireless Network Administration
- Advanced Linux Operating Systems
- Cisco & CompTIA Certification Prep
Southern New Hampshire University
- Network Design and Administration
- Detect and Prevent Network Intrusions
- Emerging Tech & Trends in Cybersecurity
- Vital Communication Skills for IT Pros
Becoming a Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician will boost your confidence and prepare you for the more advanced Cisco certification tracks, like the CCNP. There are numerous Cisco training programs and specialized degrees that feature coursework in current Cisco networking technologies.
Compare top-rated Cisco certification programs and degrees in the U.S. and online below.
Skills Measured by CCENT Certification
Key knowledge areas and skill sets measured by the Cisco CCENT exam include the following. CCENT certified professionals can:
- Describe the operation of data networks and the functions of various network devices.
- Implement small switched networks and explain the operation of Cisco switches.
- Implement small routed networks and describe the operation of Cisco routers.
- Configure IP addressing schemes and IP services for a small branch office.
- Connect, configure, and verify the operational status of a network device interface.
- Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN.
- Identify security threats to a network and describe general threat mitigation methods.
- Implement and verify WAN links and describe the methods for connecting to a WAN.
Cisco CCENT Certification Exams
You must pass one exam to become a Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT):
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (exam # 100-105)
CCENT Exam Format: Cisco certification exams are comprised of multiple testing formats including multiple choice, drag-and-drop, fill-in-the-blank, testlet, simlet and simulations. Explore the Cisco Certification Exam Tutorial from Cisco.com to familiarize yourself with these unique question types.Time Limit: 90 minutes
Exam Length: 45-55 questions
Exam Cost: $165 USD
Passing Grade: Approximately 75% correct; Cisco does not publish exam passing scores because exam questions and passing scores are subject to change without notice. (Source: Cisco.com)
- Required: No required prerequisites for CCENT certification exam
- Recommended: No additional prerequisites are recommended
Compare the top-rated accredited degree programs, professional certificates, and self-paced training courses matching the Cisco CCENT Certification and related career tracks.
Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Includes Certification Preparation for:
- CompTIA A+, Network+ & Security+
- Gain the Skills and Credentials to Pursue Jobs in Cyber Security and Network Management
- Information Security Tools and Techniques
- Design, Build & Manage Secure IT Networks
- Cyber Security Policy and Risk Management
- IT Service and Process Management
Bachelor of Science in Network Technology: Cisco
- Prepare for Cisco Networking Certifications
- Design & Manage Cisco Wired / Wireless Networks
- Network Security Threats & Countermeasures
- Install and Support Telecommunications Systems
- IT Project and Process Management Training
- Explore Hot IT Topics inc. RFID Architectures, Enterprise Mobility & Cloud Computing
Master's in Technology Management
- Prepare for Leadership Roles in Business and Information Technology
- Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Cyber Security Threats & Countermeasures
- Cloud Computing and Virtual Data Centers
- Globalization and the Modern IT Workforce
- Computer Systems Analysis Tools & Techniques
- Wield Emerging Technologies and IT Personnel to Achieve Business Goals
- No GRE or GMAT Required for Admission
CCENT Certification Jobs
CCENT certification qualifies you for a variety of exciting job roles including:
- Network Administrator: Find Network Admin Jobs
- Network Engineer: Find Network Engineering Jobs
- Cisco Network Engineer: Find Cisco Networking Jobs
- Network Support Specialist: Find Network Support Jobs
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician: Find CCENT Jobs
- More Cisco Certification Jobs: Browse Cisco Certified Jobs
Average salaries for CCENT certified professionals and other Cisco certification holders:
- CCENT: Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician | $59,000
- CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing & Switching | $75,000
- CCNA Security | $78,000
- CCNA Voice | $79,000
- CCNA Wireless | $79,000
- Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Support Specialist | $86,000
- CCDA: Cisco Certified Design Associate | $88,000
- CCNP Wireless | $89,000
- CCNP: Cisco Certified Network Professional, Routing & Switching | $92,000
- CCVP: Cisco Certified Voice Professional | $95,000
- CCSP: Cisco Certified Security Professional | $100,000
- CCNP Security | $103,000
- CCDP: Cisco Certified Design Professional | $106,000
- CCIE Routing & Switching | $122,000
- CCIE Security | $130,000
Mean salary by Cisco certification (USA)
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- Cisco CCNA Certification
- Cisco CCNP Certification
- Microsoft MCSA Certifications