CompTIA Linux+ Certification demonstrates competence as a Linux Administrator.
Linux continues to make huge inroads into mainstream IT infrastructures, proving itself to be an economical and practical solution for everyday business tasks. As more organizations adopt Linux, the demand for skilled and qualified Linux Administrators is on the rise. The CompTIA Linux+ certification is the preeminent credential validating vendor-neutral skills as a Linux Administrator.
CompTIA Linux+ certification covers the skills needed to install and support the Linux Operating System, including user administration, file permissions, software configurations and the fundamental management of Linux systems. Linux+ certified professionals can work at the Linux command line, perform day-to-day Linux maintenance tasks, effectively assist Linux users, and install and configure Linux workstations.
CompTIA Linux+ certification is often used as a stepping stone towards advanced vendor-specific Linux certificates, such as those from Oracle and Novell.
Skills Measured by Linux+ Certification
Here are some of the key skills covered by Linux+ certification curriculum. Linux+ certified technicians can:
- Install and configure the Linux Operating System.
- Execute common operations on the Linux command line.
- Create, configure, and manage Linux users and groups.
- Manage, maintain, and navigate the Linux File-system.
- Create, edit, locate, backup and restore files in Linux.
- Configure printers and remote printing functionality in Linux.
- Utilize basic SQL commands and scripts to manipulate data.
- Understand basic networking protocols and configurations.
- Perform security tasks, e.g., change passwords and encrypt data.
Download the CompTIA Linux+ Exam Objectives below for a complete curriculum.
You must pass one exam to become Linux+ certified:
- Linux+ Certification Exam (Exam # XK0-005) - View Exam Objectives
Linux+ Exam Format: Multiple choice and Performance-based
Linux+ Time Limit: 90 minutes
Exam Length: Maximum of 90 questions
Linux+ Exam Cost: $358 USD
Passing Score: 720 out of 900
- Required: No required prerequisites for Linux+ certification
- Recommended: CompTIA A+, Network+ and Server+ certifications plus 12+ months of Linux administration experience or equivalent knowledge
Linux+ Certification Training
Browse the top-rated college degree programs, professional certificates, and self-paced online courses matching the CompTIA Linux+ Certification and related career tracks.
- A+, Network+ & Security+ Cert Prep
- Network Design and Administration
- IT Network and Application Security
- Incident Response and Investigation
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Prep
- Learn Cisco, Microsoft & Linux Platforms
- Microsoft Azure and AWS Cloud Skills
- Info Assurance and Network Security
CompTIA Linux+ Certification Jobs
Browse and apply to jobs related to CompTIA Linux+ Certification:
- Linux Administrator: Browse Linux Admin Jobs
- Red Hat Linux Admin: Browse Red Hat Linux Jobs
- Linux Systems Engineer: Browse Linux Engineer Jobs
- Help Desk Technician: Browse IT Help Desk Jobs
- Unix Administrator: Browse Unix Admin Jobs
Average salary for Linux+ certified professionals and other CompTIA certification holders:
- CompTIA A+: $59,000
- CompTIA Server+: $63,000
- CompTIA Network+: $63,000
- CompTIA Project+: $67,000
- CompTIA Linux+: $70,000
- CompTIA Security+: $72,000
- CompTIA CTT+: $74,000
- CompTIA Cloud+: $74,000
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP): $84,000
Linux+ Certification Cost
It costs $358 to take the CompTIA Linux+ certification exam.
If you need Linux+ certification training to prepare for the test, that will cost extra. Linux+ training costs range from affordable IT certification bootcamps to more expensive online degrees that include CompTIA cert prep as part of a complete information technology curriculum.