Microsoft Office Specialist Certifications demonstrate professional-level skills and knowledge in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certifications are the only globally recognized credentials that validate your technical expertise in the ultra-popular business productivity applications within the Microsoft Office Suite. Microsoft Office Specialists tap into the full features and functionality of Microsoft Office, resulting in increased job candidate marketability, improved academic performance, and enhanced confidence & productivity in the workplace.
Explore high-quality, flexible online programs that feature Microsoft technologies and certification prep.
3 Levels of MOS Certifications
1Microsoft Office Specialist certifications, the foundation level MOS credentials, exist for each of the most popular programs in the Microsoft Office Suite, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and SharePoint.
Current Microsoft Office Specialist certificates:
- MOS: Microsoft Office Word 2010 :: Exam 77-881
- MOS: Microsoft Office Excel 2010 :: Exam 77-882
- MOS: Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 :: Exam 77-883
- MOS: Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 :: Exam 77-884
- MOS: Microsoft Office Access 2010 :: Exam 77-885
- MOS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010 :: Exam 77-886
- MOS: Microsoft Office OneNote 2010 :: Exam 77-853
- MOS: Microsoft Office 365 :: Exam 77-891
2Microsoft Office Specialist Expert certifications, the second tier of MOS credentials, build on the skills covered in the MOS certificates to include the most advanced features of Microsoft Word & Excel.
Current Microsoft Office Specialist Expert certificates:
- MOS: Microsoft Office Word 2010 Expert :: Exam 77-887
- MOS: Microsoft Office Excel 2010 Expert :: Exam 77-888
3Microsoft Office Specialist Master certifications demonstrate your overall comprehension and expertise across the Microsoft Office System. Microsoft Office Specialist Masters possess the deep and broad skill sets to effectively utilize and integrate the breadth of Microsoft Office products and features.
To earn the 2010 Microsoft Office Master certificate, you must pass four exams:
- MOS: Microsoft Office Word 2010 Expert
- MOS: Microsoft Office Excel 2010 Expert
- MOS: Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010
- MOS: Outlook 2010 or Access 2010 or SharePoint 2010 or OneNote 2010
Whether you want to advance your career, or simply increase your skills and productivity in the world’s preeminent business technologies, Microsoft Office Specialist certifications validate the expertise you need to succeed.
Microsoft Office Specialist Jobs
MOS certifications help qualify you for a variety of positions including:
- Office Manager
- Executive Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- IT Support Technician
- SharePoint Specialist
- Database Specialist
- Workbook Developer
- Research Analyst
- Project Coordinator
Microsoft Office Specialist Salary
Average earnings for Microsoft Office Specialists and related MCPs (U.S. and Canada):
- MOS Master: $75,640
- MOS: Microsoft Office Specialist: $77,248
- MCSA: Windows 10: $79,109
- MOS Expert: $82,551
- MCSA: Office 365: $83,036
Average Salary by MOS Certification
Source: 2017 IT Skills & Salary Report by Global Knowledge
Microsoft Office Specialist Training
Compare accredited degree programs, professional certificates, and self-paced online courses featuring the latest Microsoft platforms and certifications.
- Learn Cisco, Microsoft & Linux Platforms
- Microsoft Azure & AWS Cloud Computing
- Design and Manage Enterprise Networks
- Information Assurance & Network Security
- Computer Operating Systems
- Network Design and Security
- AI, Virtualization and IoT
- Soft Skills for Tech Pros