Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professionals have the skills and expertise to manage the Oracle 11g Database in an enterprise environment.
The OCP: Oracle Certified Professional credential validates the skills and experience required to manage, develop, or implement enterprise-wide databases, middle-ware or applications. The Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional (OCP DBA 11g) certificate is appropriate for mid to senior level Oracle database administrators. Certified professionals can install, configure, maintain, troubleshoot and backup an Oracle database. OCPs in Database 11g can also configure and manage the Oracle network environment.
Trained and certified Oracle Certified Professionals in DBA 11g can gain employ as a professional database administrator, or build on the OCP to achieve Oracle's highest database certification, the OCM: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Master. There are numerous expert-led training courses and specialized degree programs featuring coursework in Oracle database technologies. Compare the top-rated Oracle training programs online and in your area below.
Oracle's current OCP certificate is recognized as one of the most challenging and comprehensive credentials in the database space; database managers and team leaders are increasingly using the OCP DBA 11g to evaluate the qualifications of candidates for key database positions, even at companies where the Oracle DBMS is not employed.
Skills Measured by OCP DBA 11g Certification
Here are some of the key skills and expertise of OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professionals:
- Prepare the Oracle database environment and create a new Oracle database.
- Manage Oracle instances and set database initialization parameters.
- Configure and manage the Oracle network environment.
- Manage storage structures in an Oracle 11g database.
- Manage database user accounts and administer user security.
- Implement Oracle database security and work with auditing.
- Manage Oracle database 11g alerts and thresholds.
- Utilize the enterprise manager support workbench.
- Manually backup Oracle databases and setup automatic backups.
- Use the Data Recovery Advisor to recover the Oracle database.
- Import, export, and transfer data between Oracle databases.
- Understand database architecture and Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- Configure the Oracle 11g database for recoverability.
- Perform user-managed backup and recovery operations.
- Utilize Flashback Technology and Flashback Operations.
- Manage database memory, space, performance and resources.
- Manage and automate common tasks and jobs with the Scheduler.
- Use the Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) to configure a recovery catalog,
create various backups, perform recovery, and duplicate a databases.
View the OCP DBA 11g Certification Exam Objectives for a more complete curriculum.
Assuming you are already an Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Associate, you must pass one more exam to become an Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional:
- Oracle Database 11g: Administration II (exam code 1Z0-053)
Oracle Database 11g Administration II Exam Objectives | 1Z0-053
OCP Exam Format: Computer based, multiple choice questions (with possibility of more than one correct answer)
Time-Limit: 120 minutes
Length: 78 questions
Cost: USD $195
Passing Grade: 66% correct
OCP DBA Prerequisites
- Required: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Associate
- Recommended: None
Oracle Database Training
Browse college degrees, professional certificates, and self-paced online training programs matching the OCP: Oracle Certified Professional certification.
- Leverage Data to Drive Business Goals
- Big Data Analysis and Visualization
- Learn Python, SQL, Tableau and R
- Data Analytics Project Management
- Data Mining and Predictive Modeling
- Utilize SAS, R, Python and Tableau
- Big Data Visualization and Presentation
- Use Applied Forecasting to Solve Problems
Oracle Certified Professional Required DBA Training
In addition to passing the OCP DBA 11g certification exam (1Z0-053), OCP candidates must complete one of the instructor-led (classroom or online) courses listed here:
- Oracle Database 11g: Data Warehousing Fundamentals
- Oracle 11g: RAC and Grid Infrastructure Administration Accelerated Release 2
- Oracle Database: Develop PL/SQL Program Units Ed 1
- Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop II Ed 2 LVC
- Oracle Database 11g: Data Warehousing Fundamentals Ed 1 LVC
- Oracle Database: Introduction to SQL
- Oracle Database: Introduction to SQL - LVC
- Oracle Database: Introduction to SQL/PLSQL Accelerated
- Oracle Database: Introduction to SQL/PLSQL Accelerated - LVC
- Oracle Database: SQL and PL/SQL Fundamentals
- Oracle Database: SQL and PL/SQL Fundamentals - LVC
- Oracle Database: Introduction to SQL/PLSQL Accelerated
- Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop I Release 2
- Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop I - LVC Release 2
- Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop II Release 2
Mandatory hands-on training for Oracle's OCP and OCM designations increases the value of Oracle certificates by ensuring that candidates learn the required skills in a hands-on environment, as opposed to just cramming for the Oracle certification exams or doing a brain-dump.
Average annual salaries for Oracle Certified Professionals and related job roles:
- Database Administrator: $77,000
- Oracle Certified Associate: $82,000
- SQL Database Administrator: $90,000
- Oracle Database Administrator: $94,000
- Oracle Certified Professional: $95,000
- Senior Oracle Database Administrator: $104,000
- Oracle Application Database Administrator: $109,000
- Oracle Database Administrator Manager: $120,000
Related IT Certifications
- Oracle Certified Associate - DBA 11g
- MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration
- MCSE: Business Intelligence