Cisco CCDA certification demonstrates competence as a Network Design Professional
Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) certification validates the skills needed to design a secure Cisco network. CCDA certified network professionals can design routed and switched network infrastructures and services involving LAN, WAN and broadband access.
The CCDA certification exam covers the design of basic voice, campus, security, data center and wireless networks. Becoming a Cisco Certified Design Associate is a tangible first step toward an exciting and lucrative career as a network designer or network engineer.
Skills Measured by CCDA Certification
Key skill sets and knowledge areas measured by the CCDA certification exam include the following.
Cisco Certified Design Associates can:
- Design secure data center, voice and wireless networks in enterprise environment.
- Describe in detail the tools and methodologies used to design a computer network.
- Explain network structure, hierarchy and the modular nature of modern IT networks.
- Implement enterprise data centers using cutting-edge network virtualization tools.
- Develop IP addressing and routing protocols for busy enterprise computer networks.
- Design effective network services while mitigating network security vulnerabilities.
- Identify business needs and design Cisco Enterprise Edge and Remote Network Modules.
View the Cisco CCDA Certification Exam Objectives for a more complete curriculum.
Cisco CCDA Certification Exams
You must pass one exam to become a Cisco Certified Design Associate:
- DESGN: Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions (exam # 200-310)
|CCDA Exam Objectives | 200-310|
CCDA Time Limit: 200-310 (DESGN) is 75 minutes long.
CCDA Exam Format: Cisco Certification Exams are comprised of multiple testing formats including multiple choice, drag-and-drop, fill-in-the-blank, testlet, simlet, and simulations. Explore Cisco's Cisco Certification Exam Tutorial to familiarize yourself with these unique question types.
Exam Length: 200-310 (DESGN) contains 55 - 65 questions.
Exam Cost: 200-310 (DESGN) costs $300 USD.
Passing Grade: Approximately 75% correct; Cisco does not publish exam passing scores because test questions and passing scores are subject to change without notice.
Cisco CCDA Certification Prerequisites
- Required: No required prerequisites for CCDA certification
- Recommended: Cisco CCNA certification or equivalent knowledge is needed to prepare for the Cisco CCDA certification exam.
CCDA Certification Training & Education
Compare the top-rated accredited degree programs, professional certificates, and self-paced training courses matching the Cisco CCDA Certification and related career tracks.
Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Gain the Skills and Credentials to Pursue Jobs in Cyber Security and Network Management
- Prepare for CompTIA & TestOut Certifications
- Information Security Tools and Techniques
- Design, Build & Manage Secure IT Networks
- Cyber Security Policy and Risk Management
- IT Service and Process Management
Bachelor of Science in Network Technology: Cisco
- Prepare for Cisco Networking Certifications
- Design & Manage Cisco Wired / Wireless Networks
- Network Security Threats & Countermeasures
- Install and Support Telecommunications Systems
- IT Project and Process Management Training
- Explore Hot IT Topics inc. RFID Architectures, Enterprise Mobility & Cloud Computing
Master's in Technology Management
- Prepare for Leadership Roles in Business and Information Technology
- Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Cyber Security Threats & Countermeasures
- Cloud Computing and Virtual Data Centers
- Globalization and the Modern IT Workforce
- Computer Systems Analysis Tools & Techniques
- Wield Emerging Technologies and IT Personnel to Achieve Business Goals
- No GRE or GMAT Required for Admission
Cisco CCDA Certification Jobs
CCDA certification qualifies you for a variety of exciting job roles including:
- Cisco Certified Design Associate: Find CCDA Jobs
- Network Designer: Find Network Design Jobs
- Network Engineer: Find Network Engineering Jobs
- Cisco Network Designer: Find Cisco Network Design Jobs
- Network Architect: Find Network Architect Jobs
- Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Technician: Find VoIP Jobs
CCDA Certification Salary
Average annual wage for CCDA certified pros and other Cisco certification holders:
- CCENT: Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician | $59,000
- CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing & Switching | $75,000
- CCNA Security | $78,000
- CCNA Voice | $79,000
- CCNA Wireless | $79,000
- Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Support Specialist | $86,000
- CCDA: Cisco Certified Design Associate | $88,000
- CCNP Wireless | $89,000
- CCNP: Cisco Certified Network Professional, Routing & Switching | $92,000
- CCVP: Cisco Certified Voice Professional | $95,000
- CCSP: Cisco Certified Security Professional | $100,000
- CCNP Security | $103,000
- CCDP: Cisco Certified Design Professional | $106,000
- CCIE Routing & Switching | $122,000
- CCIE Security | $130,000
Average salary by Cisco certification (USA)
CCDA Related Certifications
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- Cisco CCNA Certification
- Cisco CCNP Certification
CCDA Related Careers
Cisco®, Cisco® Logos, and Cisco® Certifications are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc.