Software Development Degrees & Courses
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics forecasts 22% job growth in software development from 2020 to 2030, placing it among the nation's fastest growing career paths. The proliferation of mobile and cloud technologies, soaring demand for business intelligence software, and the need to develop secure systems to combat escalating cyber threats will help drive this hiring boom for skilled and certified software developers.
Universities, colleges and private computer schools offer training programs featuring coursework in marketable software development skills. Compare software development courses & degrees in the U.S. and online below.
Featured Software Development Programs
BS Computer Science - Software Engineering
Students in this specialized computer science program will use the latest software engineering tools, techniques and programming languages to develop secure software systems and applications. Graduates of this online bachelor's program will be prepared for job roles such as Full Stack Developer, Application Developer, Systems Engineer and Programmer Analyst.
- UI/UX Design for Cloud, Web and Mobile Software Applications
- Evaluate & Implement Systems Architectures to Achieve Business Goals
- Identify Software Vulnerabilities and Develop Secure Apps and Systems
- Use Reverse Engineering to Develop, Improve & Support Existing Software
Related online programs at SNHU:
- AS in Information Technologies
- BS in CS - Information Security
- BS in IT - Software Development
- MS In IT - Software Development
- Compare all programs at SNHU
BS IT: Software Development
Capella's online bachelor's degree with the minor in software development imparts the skills you need to create cutting-edge websites, software systems, and a host of practical applications that harness the power of the Internet. Students who earn this degree will be prepared for sought-after roles such as web developer, software engineer, application developer, and database developer.
- Use Structured Query Language (SQL) to Build Powerful Data-Driven Apps
- Create Stunning Multimedia Apps with the Latest Editing Tools
- Develop Secure Cloud-Based Systems and Web Applications
- Manage Web & Software Engineering Projects with Agile
Related online degrees at Capella University:
- BS - Information Assurance & Cybersecurity
- BS - Data Management
- MS - IT: Analytics
- Compare all programs at Capella University
Software Development Certificates & Degrees
Compare professional certificates and college degree programs matching the software developer education requirements and career track.
Software Development Bachelor's Degrees
Recommended online bachelor's programs in software development and related subjects:
Software Development Master's Degrees
Recommended online master's programs in software development and related subjects: