Cisco CCENT Certification validates skill as an entry-level Network Technician.
Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) certification covers the basics of computer networking. CCENT certified technicians understand the essential networking topics, such as network security & threat mitigation, IP addressing, and routed & switched networks. CCENTs can install, operate, configure & troubleshoot networks for a small branch office.
Passing the CCENT certification exam (Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 or "ICND1") is a tangible first step toward earning your CCNA certificate, the next stage in Cisco's popular Routing & Switching certification track. The CCNA is comprised of the CCENT (ICND1) plus ICND2. Many network professionals pursue ICND1 & ICND2 simultaneously to maximize learning time and resources, as the CCNA is a more valuable and comprehensive credential.
Becoming a Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician will boost your confidence and prepare you for the more advanced Cisco certification tracks, like the CCNP. There are numerous Cisco training programs and specialized degrees that feature coursework in current Cisco networking technologies. Compare the top-rated Cisco certification programs and degrees in the U.S., Canada and online below.
Cisco CCENT Certification Exams
Cisco CCENT Certification Prerequisites
Cisco CCENT Certification Training
Cisco CCENT Certification Jobs
Cisco CCENT Certification Salary
CCENT Related Certifications
CCENT Related Careers
Skills Measured by CCENT Certification
Key knowledge areas and skill sets measured by the Cisco CCENT exam include the following. CCENT certified professionals can:
- Describe the operation of data networks and the functions of various network devices.
- Implement small switched networks and explain the operation of Cisco switches.
- Implement small routed networks and describe the operation of Cisco routers.
- Configure IP addressing schemes and IP services for a small branch office.
- Connect, configure, and verify the operational status of a network device interface.
- Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN.
- Identify security threats to a network and describe general threat mitigation methods.
- Implement and verify WAN links and describe the methods for connecting to a WAN.
Read Cisco's CCENT exam objectives for a more complete curriculum.
Cisco CCENT Certification Exams
You must pass one exam to become a Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician:
- Cisco CCENT (exam # 640-822)
|CCENT Certification Exam Objectives | 640-822 ICND1|
CCENT Exam Format: Cisco certification exams are comprised of multiple testing formats including multiple choice, drag-and-drop, fill-in-the-blank, testlet, simlet and simulations. Explore the Cisco Certification Exam Tutorial from Cisco.com to familiarize yourself with these unique question types.Time Limit: 90 minutes
Exam Length: 40-50 questions
Exam Cost: $125 USD
Passing Grade: Approximately 75% correct; Cisco does not publish exam passing scores because exam questions and passing scores are subject to change without notice. (Source: Cisco.com)
- Required: No required prerequisites for CCENT certification exam
- Recommended: No additional prerequisites are recommended
Compare the top-rated accredited degree programs, professional certificates, and self-paced training courses matching the Cisco CCENT Certification and related career tracks.
Network Training Program
Course Highlights & Certifications
| || |
| || |
| || |
Find Computer Training Schools
CCENT Certification Jobs
CCENT certification qualifies you for a variety of exciting job roles including:
- Network Administrator: Find Network Admin Jobs
- Network Engineer: Find Network Engineering Jobs
- Cisco Network Engineer: Find Cisco Networking Jobs
- Network Support Specialist: Find Network Support Jobs
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician: Find CCENT Jobs
- More Cisco Certification Jobs: Browse Cisco Certified Jobs
Average salaries for CCENT certified professionals and other Cisco certification holders:
- CCENT: Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician | $70,680
- CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing & Switching | $81,161
- CCNA Video | $84,335
- CCNA Security | $84,547
- CCNA Wireless | $87,187
- CCNA Voice | $87,502
- CCNA Data Center | $94,803
- CCNP: Cisco Certified Network Professional, Routing & Switching | $97,038
- CCDA: Cisco Certified Design Associate | $99,701
- CCNP Voice | $104,399
- CCNP Security | $105,319
- CCDE: Cisco Certified Design Expert | $110,270
- CCDP: Cisco Certified Design Professional | $111,295
- CCIE: Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Security | $111,572
- CCIE Voice | $113,855
- CCNP Wireless | $114,444
- CCNP Data Center | $115,064
- CCIE Routing and Switching | $118,521
Mean annual salary by Cisco certification
Source: 2015 IT Skills & Salary Report by Global Knowledge and Windows IT Pro
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- Cisco CCNA Certification
- Cisco CCNP Certification
- Microsoft MCTS Certifications