CompTIA Network+ Certification demonstrates competence as an entry-level Network Professional.
Network+ is a vendor neutral certification that proves an IT professional's expertise in managing, maintaining, troubleshooting, installing and configuring basic computer networks.
CompTIA Network+ certification is the gateway to a range of in-demand IT credentials. Microsoft includes Network+ certification in their Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification program, and other certifying bodies such as Novell, Cisco and HP recognize CompTIA's Network+ certificate as a requirement in their career certification tracks.
Becoming Network+ certified is a distinctive step toward a career in networking or telecommunications. Universities, colleges and private computer schools offer networking courses and specialized college degrees featuring Network+ training and exam prep. Compare top-rated Network+ training programs and degrees in the U.S. and online below.
CompTIA Network+ Certification Exams
Network+ Certification Prerequisites
CompTIA Network+ Certification Training
Find Network+ Training by Zip Code
Network+ Certification Jobs
Network+ Certification Salary
Network+ Related Certifications
Network+ Related Careers
Skills Measured by Network+ Certification
Here are some of the key skills covered in the CompTIA Network+ certification exam. Net+ certified professionals can:
- Manage and troubleshoot a basic network infrastructure.
- Install, operate and configure wired and wireless networks.
- Identify and explain common networking protocols and ports.
- Identify and troubleshoot performance and connectivity issues.
- Install, configure and differentiate between common network devices.
- Describe networking technologies and basic network design principles.
- Adhere to wiring standards and use the latest network testing tools.
Download the CompTIA Network+ Exam Objectives for a more complete curriculum.
Network+ Certification Exams
- Network+ Certification (Exam # N10-006)
|CompTIA Network+ Certification Exam Objectives | N10-006|
Exam Type: Multiple choice (which may have more than one correct answer) and Performance-based questions
Exam Duration: 90 minutes
Exam Length: Maximum of 90 questions
Network+ Exam Cost: $294 USD
Passing Score: 720 out of 900
- Required: There are no required prerequisites for Network+ certification.
- Recommended: A+ certification and 9 months of networking experience or equivalent education
Browse the top-rated undergrad & graduate degree programs, professional certificates, and self-paced online training courses matching the CompTIA Network+ certification and related career tracks.
CompTIA Training Program
Course Highlights & Certifications
| || |
| || |
| || |
Find Computer Training Schools
Network+ certification helps prepare you for a variety of IT job roles including:
- Network Administrator: Browse and apply to Network Administrator Jobs
- Network Engineer: Browse and apply to Network Engineer Jobs
- Network Support Specialist: Browse and apply to Network Support Specialist Jobs
- Help Desk Technician: Browse and apply to Help Desk Technician Jobs
- More Jobs for Network+ certified professionals: Browse and apply to Network+ Certified Jobs
- Businesses and IT Hiring Managers: Post job openings and find candidates at a discount
Average salary for Network+ certified professionals† and related CompTIA certification holders:
- CompTIA A+: $70,554
- CompTIA Network+: $73,743
- CompTIA Storage+: $79,078
- CompTIA Server+: $79,420
- CompTIA Security+: $79,730
- CompTIA Project+: 80,412
- CompTIA Linux+: $85,863
- CompTIA Cloud Essentials: $101,307
† Salary Survey respondents may hold more certifications than those listed here.
Source: 2015 IT Skills and Salary Report by Global Knowledge & Windows IT Pro
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Cisco CCNA Certification
- Microsoft MCTS Certifications